Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Things Of This World

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
~Romans 12:2

Do I want earthly pleasures or what is promised in Heaven?  Sometimes I get busy pursuing something in this life which takes away from doing what the Lord wishes I would do.  Don't get me wrong, it's important to take care of my family and friends, by while doing that, I find it easy to overlook what God wants.  And that not a good thing.


This verse really strikes home for me (though I'm not sure that striking home is even a phrase...).  I have seen my attitudes change since I became a Christian.  I no longer use certain words, certain types of humor, I don't watch the same TV shows, etc.  I hope it's not seen as being a snob, but the things I like have changed.  I'd like to think that is a good thing.


Dear Lord, thank you for giving me this life and showing me that there is another way to live that life.  God, please watch over my family and friends and help me to keep walking the path I have taken.

No comments: