Monday, October 22, 2012

Doing God's Will


I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart.”
~Psalm 40:8

Doing God's will is not only obedient it (usually) makes me feel good or satisfied.  Knowing that what I'm doing is for God or required by God gives me a great feeling.  The Lord placed me on this Earth, so I can't even imagine not doing what God has commanded me.

I say that and feel that way, but...And you know what happens when you read "but..."  There is an excuse coming!  I know that I should do what God has commanded me, but there are sometimes when I don't.  I am assuming I am growing as a Christian because when I don't obey him, I feel guilty about it.  

Dear God, I pray that you will keep your instructions written on my heart for as long as I live.  Lord, you are amazing and have done amazing things in my life, so doing Your will is the absolute least that I can do for you.  And I want to do so much more as one of Your disciples.  Please show me how I can serve and honor you.  God, I love you!  Amen

No comments: