Friday, October 19, 2012

Christianity 101

Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.
~1 Timothy 3:16


I really don't have much to say on this verse, other than it is truth and I confess it as truth.  It follows Christ's life in a nutshell. God appeared in our world and was taken back up to heaven.  If you believe that, then you are at the core, a Christian.

But, being a Christian and living a Christian life are different, at least that is what I think.  You may believe in Jesus Christ, but are you living a life like Christ?  Obviously I am not talking about performing miracles, though if you can, I'd like the see the Tiger's win this year's World Series...  Seriously though, I look at the bible as the way I want to lead my life, I may not always achieve it, but the bible is my GPS, if you will.  I hope to live life with love, forgiveness, righteousness and all of the other qualities that God says is important.

Dear God, you are AWESOME!!!  The world you gave us to live in is beautiful beyond words.  Lord, please allow me to live in this world with the qualities and attributes that Christ showed before he died, rose again and joined you in heaven.  Thank you, I love you with all of my heart and Amen!!




No comments: