Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hope

 I saw the Lord always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest in hope, because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, you will not let your holy one see decay. You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence. ~Acts 2:25-28

King David was speaking as a prophet about the Messiah yet to come in this passage. Jesus would be buried but his body would not be confined to those that have died.  Jesus would be resurrected and join the Father in heaven.  

And I hope to be in that same heaven. Despite setbacks in this life, God has been good to me and my family. We may grumble at times, but this life has been OK.  But it pales in comparison to what we will see in heaven.

God, please accept me in heaven.  Please accept my family in heaven and keep us walking in Your ways.  Whenever I drift, please let me know it so that I can get back to walking in Your favor.  Lord, I don't always use the right words to covey what is in my heart, but I rest assured that You can see inside of my heart when the words don't come to me.  God, I glorify you, thank you and love you.

No comments: