Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Lord Is Always There And We Should Praise Him

~Psalm 145:17-21
17 The LORD is righteous in all His ways And kind in all His deeds18 The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and will save them. 20 The LORD keeps all who love Him, But all the wicked He will destroy21 My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD, And all flesh will bless His holy name forever and ever.

David was singing God's praises.  Psalm 145 is filled with good news about God.  Verse 9 states that "the Lord is good to everyone.  He showers compassion on all his creation."  That is something to praise.  David, in verse 21, says that everyone on earth will bless his holy name.  I think we all should.

God is waiting for us to call upon him.  He loves us.  I think that's a pretty good start to a relationship with Him.  He hears us when things are bad as well as good, or even when we're in between those two!  I stand in reverence and awe at God; for that is how I define "fearing God."  Although, I certainly fear Him.  That's why I repent of everything I have done that may make God upset.  And if you are not sure whether you should repent something, just ask God.  The point is God want us to talk with him and praise Him.

Lord, I call to you and fear you and love you.  You are a God that can create fire or be known by a whisper.  God, I ask to you find me suitable for your power and love and that I may continue to revel in your Word each day.  Amen.


No comments: