Friday, October 12, 2012

Spreading The Word...

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”  ~ Acts 1:8

Acts was written as the new church grew.  The verse hit home with me. It says "when the holy spirit has come upon you..."  Wow!  Do you think they knew what was coming?  The Holy Spirit is a wondrous thing!  And they were to spread the Word across the known world and eventually to places they didn't know.

I think we all, as Christians, need to resume/keep doing what the Apostles did.  We need to spread the Word of God.  We need to be 'witnesses.'  That's what I took from this verse.

God, please allow me to be filled with the Holy Spirit at all times and empower me to share all that knowing Christ can do for for people.  Even if it's only one person at a time. Although I don't get out much, please let me witness for You.  Lord, please make me an instrument of Yours.  Amen


No comments: