Thursday, October 18, 2012

Psalm 51:10

 Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a loyal spirit within me.

-Psalm 51:10

I got this verse today from my local Christian radio station.  And then I looked at the entire 51st Psalm. It's heavy.  But I think it applies to every sin.

We tend to let our past sins dwell in us.  But, as David says in vs 1, "Because of Your great compassion, blot out the stains of my sin."  I long, as every follower of Christ does, to have my sins become white as snow and to leave them in the past.  I want God to create that "loyal spirit" inside of me.

Dear Lord, I confess my sins to you and ask you to forgive them in Your graciousness.  Please Lord, do create that clean heart in me and fill me anew with the Holy Spirit so that I will know good from bad and act like a real Christian.  I love you God.  Amen!

No comments: