Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Patience and Self-Control

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
~Galatians 5:22-23

In reading this today I keyed in on two words, "patience and self-control."  I don't mind saying that I need both.  Patience with my kids and self-control over eating.  My kids are a blessing, I just wish I could see that all of the time.  It would sure help my relationship with them.  And when I eat, I tend to go way overboard.  Eating is fun, but in moderation.  Moderation - A word I know nothing about!!!

Dear Father, thank you for reaching me with this verse today!! Please let the Holy Spirit work within me to give me patience and self-control.  Please allow me to experience all of the things you listed in the verse.  I long to be the type of person that you would enjoy having as part of Your family!  I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen!!


No comments: