Thursday, February 7, 2013

God's Word

Good and upright is the Lord;therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
~Psalm 25:8-9

I am very grateful that God teaches people in the right way to be. But how does He do that?  It's a simple answer (but I'm am just starting to understand completely).  The Bible is the answer.  And I will accept "God's Word," if this were a game show.  That probably wasn't funny!!

Psalm 25 also states, "Show me your ways, Lordteach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long." (vs 4-5)

To me, that is why I need to read and meditate on the Bible more often, as many times a day as I can.  I am also learning that the meditation part is pretty important  too!!  I used to just read the bible as I was reading a novel or biography, never really taking the time to let it sink in.  Those days are over.  If I am having trouble with a piece of what I have just read, I read it again and if I need to, I ask God to reveal what He is saying in the text in front of me.

Father, I know that you have given the Bible to use as a way to communicate Your laws and what is right in Your eyes.  Never let the thirst for Your word die out within me.  Please be there while I am reading the bible - to ask you questions and to give special thought to what You are saying.  I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen!!!



No comments: