Tuesday, February 12, 2013

God's Will, Not Our Own

He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."  
~Matthew 26:39

How often do I pray that MY will be done?  Fortunately not as much as I used to, but I still find myself dipping into the ME well from time to time.  I think it's human nature to be concerned with what happens to us.  It is a very earthly perspective.  

But, God knows what is in our hearts.  He knows the way I would like to see things unfold, but if it isn't in God's plans for it to happen, then it won't.  And that is where I need to put my Faith into practice.  I need to have faith that God will do what is right, even if that's the exact opposite of what I would hope for.

Dear Father, thank you for letting me come in prayer before You.  It is awesome that You would allow that line of communication to be open and that You care enough that listen to my prayers.  As I sit down to pray every day, please let me focus on Your will, not my own.  I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen!!


No comments: