Friday, February 8, 2013

You Never Know...

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
~Matthew 24:42-44

The Lord is coming.  Maybe not on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, but he is coming! Do I know when?  Absolutely not.  Am I keeping a calendar to check off the days?  No.  Do I look out my window several times a day to see if I can spot Him?  Nope.

But the one thing I TRY to do is live by His word everyday.  That way I can be ready for the coming of Jesus.  It is said that God only knows what you do when no one else is looking, so I TRY to be doing what God would expect from His children.  Sometimes I fall short of that goal, but if I pray, read and meditate on the bible and show love to everybody, I will train myself to do what God likes to see.  Then, I will be ready for the Son Of Man.

Father, thank you for the promise of Heaven.  Thank you also for the gift of Your son.  Help keep me on the right track through out my life here on earth so that I can be ready when You decide the time has come for Your return.  I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen.




No comments: