Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Satan

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’”  Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.
~ Matthew 4:8-11

Have I ever had that type of face-to-face encounter with the devil?  Of course not.  But, Satan does affect my life.  I am talking about sin. The devil delights in it. As I have begun to grow in my faith, I have learned it's ok to say what Jesus said to the devil, "Away from me Satan!!"

I can say that because I know that God is on my side.  If I need further encouragement I can go to Him in prayer or read His Word.  God loves me, despite my failings.  It's great when your tag-team partner is God!!!

Father, I praise everything that you have done in the heavens and on earth.  You even had time left over to create me.  I am very thankful of that fact and I want only to do good in your eyes.  Please be with me morning, noon and night so that I can not be tempted by Satan.  Amen!

No comments: