Friday, February 1, 2013

God is right there! Go pray to him.

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 
~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Prayer.  It's such an awesome thing we get to do.  We can praise God, ask for his blessing, talk to talk Him and confess our sins.  And the best part is, we can do this anytime of day or night for as long as we want.  

I say all of these things and feel blessed that I get to go before the Lord with my prayers and praise, but how often do I really do it?  I know that God is waiting to hear my prayers but why do I sometimes not pray?  As I am learning to walk closer to God, I need to be much better about praying.  I need to just sit down (or kneel down...) and just praise him. 

Sometimes, I need to focus solely on Him, not my little earthly things.  Or, if I am having a problem, who better to talk to then God?  If a friend or loved one has something going on in their lives, pray about it.  If the sky is the bluest it's ever been, I need to stop right there to thank and praise God for it.

Dear Father, I know that I do not pray as often as I should.  I get distracted by earthly pursuits such as TV, instead of just sitting down and praising you or just talking with you.  As I go further and deeper in my Christian life, I need to pray about everything.  I ask Your help to make that happen.  I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God knows your heart, and He is smiling down on you because you are favored by Him. You're a good man, Charlie Brown.