Wednesday, August 21, 2013

God's Pleasure

God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. 
~Ephesians 1:5

What brings pleasure to God?  When I decided to stop living my life for me and called out to God to take over, that brought God pleasure.  But how many times have I forgotten, in the course of my daily life, to realize that something I have done brings a smile to The Lord?

That is where having a "relationship" with my Father in Heaven comes into play.  Sure, I read the bible every day, attend a great church with fantastic people, but am I making time to develop the relationship between me and God?  When I find myself sitting down with no distractions, no baseball on TV, no kids asking anything of me, do I reach out to God and have a conversation with Him?  When I have nothing to ask of Him, just simply to talk, do I call on my Father?  These are the things that can cement a relationship.  These are the things that I think gives God pleasure.  

Dearest Father in Heaven, please forgive me for not taking the time throughout my day to build on our relationship.  I thank you ever so much for wanting to have that relationship with me, but it will only deepen if I want to put in the work.  And I do!!  I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen!!!

No comments: