Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Great Commission

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good!  His faithful love endures forever.  Has the LORD redeemed you? Then speak out!  Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies. 
~Psalm 107:1-2

The Great Commission!  All of us who have believed in Christ are asked by Jesus Christ to go and share The News (as opposed to Huey Lewis' News and the NY Times) with everyone.  Grace is such a small word but it means a ton.  Jesus Christ died for your sins and even mine.  We could never do enough good things in our lives to earn this type of kindness from God.  It is solely by Grace that we receive eternal life. 

And who would I not want to tell about this great gift from God!!  I used to call my best friend when I was younger on Christmas to share with him all the things I had received as presents and that he received.  I should definitely hope that I would do the same thing about a gift that was given by God!!!   

But, I do not.  As I grow in my faith, that is one thing I do not do.  I am hoping that will change.  It would be so great to lead people, even just one, to a path where they would follow Jesus Christ!!

Father, I thank you for your Grace.  I could never deserve to meet you in heaven, but your endless love as provide me a way to come home.  Please let me go out and talk about how good you are, the wondrous things you have done and wait awaits your followers.  God, I love you and ask this in Jesus' name, Amen!!!!

No comments: